Wikipedia People Instant Fuzzy Search
The Wikipedia People Fuzzy Search is a test application from SoftCorporation Lab, which allows finding a person record
even if the search query contains multiple misspelled words.
It may happen when the user is typing unfamiliar person's name or a foreign name spelled in English.
The program searches data extracted in September 2012 from the English language Wikipedia database.
Only Wikipedia records with "persondata" meta information are extracted and only full name (page title),
"persondata" meta fields, and Categories associated with this person are indexed.
Total number of people extracted from the Wikipedia database is 1,008,369.
Programs like this are useful for enterprise employee search, where the approximate employee name and other criteria,
for example skills, department, phone, location can be combined in one simple query, which is executed as you type.
Wikipedia People Fuzzy Search Link
- When you type a query into the search box, the program conducts an instant search and up to 10 results are
displayed on the screen. If you want to see more results, click the next page button.
- When you type multiple words, by default you will get results that include all of the words,
or all approximately matching words. If you don't want to restrict search by all words,
uncheck the "Match all words" box.
- If you want to restrict search only by words from the person's name (full name including all words in a page title),
check the "Search only name / title" box. By default the search will be conducted against all indexed words.
- If you're unsure how to spell a whole word, you can enter as much of the word as you know, immediately followed by an asterisk (*).
You don't need to do that for the very last word in a query (which you are still typing), as the program does it for you automatically.
- The program supports mapping of popular names, like Robert and Bob, Bill and William, Elisabeth and Beth.
The mapping is configurable and listed in Wikipedia name has a preference.
- If you want to see only records which have the exact match of certain words,
prefix such words with a plus (+) sign.
The plus sign must be typed immediately before the word you want to include,
otherwise this word will be included as a regular word (Example: mike +musician finds records with
mike that do have the exact word musician).
Note: The program will find all records matching via mapping. For example,
if you have requested to find an exact match for William, the records with Bill also will be found.
- In you want to see records which do not have certain words,
prefix such words with a minus (-) sign.
The minus sign must be typed immediately before the word you want to exclude,
otherwise nothing will be excluded (Example: mike -musician finds records with
mike that do not have the exact word musician).
Note: The program will remove all records matching via mapping. For example,
if you have requested to remove records containing William, the records with Bill also will be removed.
- Uppercase and lowercase characters are treated as the same by the Wikipedia People Fuzzy Search.
Please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an idea how to improve the Wikipedia People Fuzzy Search.
For more information send request to: email@example.com
employee approximate search,
famous wikipedia people,
famous people list,
famous historical people,
famous people 2011,
famous people names,
famous people birthdays,
famous people 21st century,
famous people 20st century,
famous black people,
famous white people,
famous people in history,
famous dead people,
famous live people,
famous people from united states,
famous hispanic people,
famous spanish people,
wikipedia people search,
search wikipedia people,
wikipedia richest people,
richest people in the world,
the richest people,
top ten rich people,
people search wikipedia,
white pages wikipedia,
public records wikipedia,